The growth of galaxies in the Early Universe – IX the JWST strategy
LOCATION: Haus Sexten - Via Dolomiti 45, 39030, Sexten
Aim of the workshop
This workshop is a chance to discuss the nature and evolution of high redshift galaxies, from cosmic noon to re-ionization, as derived from a variety of observational evidence collected across the whole electromagnetic spectrum, and theoretical investigations.
In the tradition of the previous meetings we aim at bringing together members of the main extragalactic surveys and theorists to present their latest results and perspectives for the next future.
The workshop will be a chance to discuss the major questions on the ground, like:
– What physical mechanisms control the growth of galaxies behind their mass?
– How far are we from a complete census of star-formation rate in the early Universe? How much is still hidden (and not accounted for) in dusty galaxies?
– What are the properties of galaxies at the highest redshifts?
These main questions are further expanded in specific topics, like:
– Reionization and properties of very first galaxies;
– Star formation and mass assembly at high redshift;
– Quiescent galaxies at high redshift;
– Co-evolution of high redshift galaxies and AGNs;
– Links and differences between AGN and starburst galaxies at cosmic noon
Special focus on results from the first 18 months of JWST observations
At the time of the meeting, results from early JWST programs will be consolidated. We expect that by that time a global and comprehensive picture of the properties of galaxies in the first Gy will be emerging from these observations. The workshop will be an ideal chance to discuss these results, and for this reason we plan to invite key representatives of the public and GTO extragalactic surveys to present their results.
Workshop location and format
The workshop attendance will be limited to about 60 invited scientists. This workshop is by invitation only.
The format allows ample time for presentations (all oral, no poster is foreseen) and for interactive work among the participants.
Invited Participants (Preliminary list)
Forster Schreiber Natascha M.
No files available yet.
FEE 400 Eur
WORKSHOP CODE FOR PAYMENT
– A. Fontana (INAF Rome Obs, Co-Chair)
– J. Dunlop (UEDIN)
– D. Elbaz (CEA)
– H. Ferguson (STScI)
– P. Santini (INAF Rome Obs, Co-Chair)
– A. Shapley (UCLA)
– R. Somerville (Flatiron)